Quality Indoor Air Quality Products and Services in Suffolk, Chesapeake, VA and Surrounding Areas
Maintaining a healthy, safe and comfortable environment at home is essential to securing a high quality of life for your family. While most homeowners prioritize efficient cooling and heating, preserving good indoor air quality is just as vital to your family’s health, safety and comfort. At Atlantic Shores Heating and Cooling, we know how dangerous a home with poor indoor air quality can be for its inhabitants. That’s why we offer a wide range of IAQ services and solutions to help you combat the most prevalent of threats. We’re an experienced Trane Comfort Specialist, and we’re here to help you breathe easier and lead a healthier life at home.
Common Problems Associated With Poor Indoor Air Quality
The threats to healthy indoor air quality come in many shapes and sizes, and some are even invisible to the human eye. A home that has seemingly healthy indoor air quality can just as easily have plenty of harmful particle pollutants lingering and impacting your family. Detecting these contaminants is an important first step toward better IAQ. Some of the most common sources of poor indoor air quality include:
- Fuel-burning combustion appliances
- Building materials and furnishings
- Household cleaning products (volatile organic compounds)
- Unmaintained central heating and cooling systems
- Excess moisture that leads to microbial growth
- Outdoor sources like pesticides and pollution
- Irritation of the eyes, nose and throat
- Headaches, dizziness and fatigue
- Aggravated allergy symptoms
- Triggered asthma attacks
- Respiratory diseases and cancer
Duct Cleaning and Other IAQ Solutions in Suffolk, VA, and the Surrounding Areas
The good news is that you don’t have to succumb to poor IAQ and the harmful health effects it causes. Once you’ve pinpointed the root sources of poor indoor air quality in your home, you can take steps to diminish their impacts. In addition to duct cleaning, here are the other IAQ solutions we offer to homeowners who want to breathe cleaner air in their home:
- Air Cleaners and Air Purifiers: There are many types and sizes of air cleaners and purifiers on the market. They range of table-top models to whole-house systems. Most air cleaners and purifiers work well to filter dust, pollen and similar pollutants.
- Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers: Balancing your home’s humidity is important to prevent both microbial growth and overly dry conditions that cause irritations. Aim for 50 percent humidity by using a dehumidifier in summer and humidifier in winter.
- Energy Recovery Ventilators: Natural ventilation is ideal, but sometimes the outdoor conditions don’t warrant the opening of a window or door. An Energy Recovery Ventilator works to exhaust stale indoor air out while drawing fresh outdoor inside.
- Indoor Air Quality Inspections: Do you suspect your home’s air quality is poor? Our IAQ experts can help you get to the root of the problem and resolve it so that you can breathe clean air at home again.
Indoor Air Quality Expert in Suffolk, VA, and the Surrounding Areas
Don’t remain complacent and let particle pollutants harm your family’s health. Take action today by contacting Atlantic Shores Heating and Cooling for the best indoor air quality solutions. We’ll make sure you’re breathing the cleanest air possible at home in: